Your insurance program from Securian Financial
As a participant in the Mississippi State and School Employees' Life Insurance Plan, you have access to affordable group term life insurance coverage. For more information on the options available to you, including eligibility and definitions, please select from the links below.
Action required: Name your life insurance beneficiary
If you have not designated a beneficiary for your group life insurance benefits through the State of Mississippi yet, please follow the instructions below.
To designate your life insurance beneficiary online:
- Log into Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi: https://www.bcbsms.com
- Click on the “My Benefits” tab
- Click on the “Life Benefits” section
- Click on the link “Click here to update your beneficiary information”
- Click "I agree" to go to Securian's LifeBenefits site to add, view or update your beneficiary
- Click "View details or make changes"
- Enter the name(s), address and the respective benefit percentages for each beneficiary
- Securian will mail you a confirmation letter after you complete your designation
To designate your life insurance beneficiary via paper form:
- Click on the “Forms and documents” tab on the top of website.
- Click on the “Beneficiary designation” form.
- Complete the form by following the included instructions.
- Return the form to Securian Financial.
- Securian Financial will mail you a confirmation letter after you complete your designation.
Products offered under policy form series MHC-96-13180 and issued by Minnesota Life Insurance Company.