NASSP group term life insurance
- Selection of coverage amounts. As a member of NASSP, you and your spouse have access to insurance protection at affordable rates. Amounts of insurance range from $50,000 to $500,000 — you can choose the amount of insurance to meet your needs. Coverage is subject to underwriting approval.
- Portable coverage. You can keep this coverage even if you decide to change jobs, retire or experience a change in your current health. The only requirement is to keep your NASSP membership and premiums current.
- Accelerated benefit payment option. You may elect to receive your death benefit in lieu of it being paid to your beneficiary if you become terminally ill as described in your certificate.
- Coverage to age 80. Insurance coverage terminates on the June 1 policy anniversary following the insured person's 80th birthday. At that time you have the option to convert all or part of your insurance to a permanent plan.
- Spouse insurance. Your spouse is eligible to apply for his or her own policy. Even if you choose not to participate in this plan, your spouse can take advantage of the same low rates NASSP members enjoy.
- Competitive rates. Check out what a great benefit this insurance really is. If you do not use nicotine, it's even better.
- Your choice of payment options. Upon approval of an application, Securian Financial will send a bill for the first premium payment. Future premiums may be billed quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Or, you may elect monthly premium payments through electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- No waiting period. On the day your application is approved by Securian Financial and you pay your first premium, the coverage amount you select goes into effect. The death benefit is payable in full from the very first day if the insured dies for any reason (except suicide within the first two years, or within one year in Colorado, Missouri, or North Dakota).
- Travel assistance services - RedpointWTP LLC provides travel assistance services to U.S. residents insured under the NASSP Group Term Life insurance program, along with their spouses and dependents. The services are available 24/7/365 for emergency assistance and transport when traveling 100 or more miles away from home. For service terms and conditions, and pre-trip information visit LifeBenefits.com/travel or call 1-855-516-5433 in the U.S. and Canada. From other locations, you can call collect to +1-415-484-4677.
Services provided by RedpointWTP LLC are their sole responsibility. The services are not affiliated with Securian Financial or its group contracts and may be discontinued at any time. Certain terms, conditions and restrictions may apply when utilizing the services. To learn more, visit www.lifebenefits.com/travel.